Monday, June 24, 2013

Denim Dressed Up

Last Tuesday I shared with you two ways that I would wear denim shorts in the summer when I was feeling like wearing a laid-back look. You can read that post here. This week I wanted to share with you how I would dress up those same denim shorts. There is only so much you can do to denim shorts to dress them up but with the right pieces, you can achieve a look that exudes class and style.

prints
(Click here to shop)

These denim shorts are dressed up perfectly with clean white pieces and a gorgeous printed blazer. I'm not big on a bunch of jewelry at once so for me, one statement necklace is all you really need.

dressy casual
(Click here to shop)

This look is not as dressy as the first one but has enough elegance in the accessories to keep you from looking sloppy. A blazer makes any outfit look put together... even one with ripped cutoffs.

What is your favorite way to wear denim shorts in the summer?