Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mascara Wars

I don't know about you, but I am constantly trying new mascaras. Every product out there promises to extend lashes and thicken them considerably. I don't think I have ever noticed a huge difference in my lashes according to what brand I use but certain brush styles do seem to help as I apply my mascara in the morning.

photo via

I am currently using Voluminous False Fiber Lashes by L'Oreal. I can't say that I am crazy about it. I don't know if it is the formula, the wand, or both. When I apply the mascara, it comes off in clumps on my lashes. The brush seems really thick and I have a hard time getting into the corners of my eyes.

photo via

The L'Oreal Telescopic Original Mascara was what I was using previously. I think I really liked it because the brush was so skinny. When I pulled it out for the first time, I just stared at it because it was the skinniest brush I had ever seen. There was no clumping on the brush and I was able to apply the mascara evenly and was able to reach into the innermost corners of my eyes.


photo via
I've used the L'Oreal original voluminous mascara on several occasions. It seems to be a good basic mascara. I never really have issues with clumping regardless of the medium/large size brush.

photo via 

Then there is the L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara. It consists of a tiny ball of bristles. A little odd at first but it definitely helps with applying mascara to each individual lash. It is perfect for the hard-to-reach parts in the corners.

I probably will not buy the False Fiber mascara again (image number one) just because of how it goes on. I would recommend the telescopic versions (both the skinny brush and the little ball) if you are wanting something for detail.

It is always interesting to see what you will get when you buy a new mascara. For me, the biggest thing is the shape of the brush and how it applies to my lashes. I feel like if you are able to apply your mascara without having to worry about severe clumping, your lashes will look longer and prettier. I do not think tarantula lashes look pretty on anyone!