Monday, March 19, 2012

My skin care regiment - as of now

 Have you tried like thousands of products, you like me have tried finding stuff that works for your skin. And let's face it -it's a jungle out there! My skin is normal to oily and it's sensitive too, so it can be hard to find something that control oils, while still being sensitive and not annoying my skin. I used the Clinique 3 step once and that totally messed up my skin. -It was just too harsh. I sometimes use the Clinique lotion / toner in no 2, but have recently switched over to Lancômes Tonique Pure Focus, which mattifies the skin, while being really great for sensitive skin. Well, let me tell you all the steps in my regiment:

1. I cleanse my skin with Philosophy's purity cleanser - this must be the best cleanser I've ever tried. It doesn't over-dry the skin and it takes ALL of my makeup too. This really is the best! I like the light lavender smell too. Cetaphil also does a really good cleanser that does not clog pores and that is really sensitive.

2. I shake the toner well and apply it all over the face with a cotton pad.

3. Serum's are great. I used to use Ole Henriksen's truth serum, which I still love. I also love Kiehl's serums. Right now I use Esteé Lauder's Idealist serum, which minimize pores. I think it really has made my skin look a lot better. I have visibly pores, which most people with oily skin have, so I like to find things that make them look more tightened. 

4. After the first three steps I use a moisturizer - I mix it up, but right now I use La Roche-Posay's effaclar M, which mattifies the skin. I love this stuff. At night I use Vichy's Norma Derm nuit. I like both Vichy's, Avene's and La Roche-Posay's cleansers and creams - they are great for sensitive skins and do not have parabens in them.
Do you know any really good products we should know about, please tell:)