Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cruise Wear


In two months I will be (finally) taking a much needed vacation with my husband. We decided to go on a 3 day cruise to Key West and then Cozumel. I will miss my son more than anything, but I am still excited to get away for a few days with my husband.

Being the planner that I am, I decided to start planning my outfits. I started looking through my closet and thought, "Nope, nothing worthy of a cruise in here!" So a brilliant idea came to me...Why not just make my clothes? I am not talking about just a dress and maybe a skirt....I am talking about every single piece that I will take on the cruise. Sounds like a lofty challenge, doesn't it?

I have two months to prepare at least 9 garments. That gives me two looks for each day (a day look and an evening look), the day of travel to the cruise, and a pair of pajamas. I will exclude undergarments and swimsuits for this challenge. I think I have enough to think about!

I already have the concept for a cocktail dress that I will wear on a more "dressy" evening. (See wild printed dress above). The fabric is just pinned into place for now...the dress will be longer and the hemline will be straighter.

I also have an idea for a pair of pajamas in mind, as well as a black shirtdress for dinner one evening. I am still thinking about the other looks I want to do.

I will keep you posted and put up pictures whenever I get a garment finished. I am excited about this challenge. I think it will be exciting to see these outfits come to life. At least my husband will probably be happy that I decided not to go out and buy 9 new outfits....